The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Visit to Singkir, Kedah

Salam.
It has been a week since i wrote in my blog. Well a few things has been happening to me. Let's start with my visit to Singkir (my dad's kampung). Last weekend, i did not go back to KL. Instead, i flew from KK to Penang on Saturday (15 Nov) and met my kids and hubby there (they drove up). On Sunday morning, my kids, hubby, mum, dad and i drove up to Singkir, Kedah. WHY? Well, my dad is building a small hut there for his retirement (he will be 65 next yr and is getting ready if his contract is not renewed next yr).

He has own the land for many years (paddy land) and has been collecting income from the paddy. Early this year he decided to take a bit of the paddy land to build his hut. For me, hubby and kids, this is our second visit (1st time was in August 2008). Enjoy the pictures below.


5 comments:

Imeirda said...

Dolly darling, kalau besar tu bukan panggil hut, tengah bendang depa panggil ghumah besaq but the 'pondok' is gorgeous. Suka rumah tinggi tgh bendang mcm umah tok nyang imr kat Simpang Empat. Miss the greenery of paddy field.

huraz said...

My dad yg call it his small pondok. Thanks. Bila u balik, visit lah.

domestic engineer said...

Bestnya Doll your dad's small hut tuuuu! I wish I could be there. Tak pernah experience masuk dalam rumah tgh bendang macam tu. I suppose it's a very, very good place to run away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Jemput la I ke sana bila balik raya thn dpn ya??

huraz said...

U're most welcome - just mention my name and buat mcm rumah sendiri.

Anonymous said...

If that is a hut, my house must be a patch then! Wowweee! I can't imagine what your dad calls a mansion.

WOuld love to own a hut like that one fine day.