The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya Part 2

daniel, deena, me, mak, bapak, dinie, azhar and delailah


Eid Mubarak away from family (parents n brothers and sisters) is of course a sad scenario. However, work, time and money play a role. As the saying goes, we cant always have everything we want. Anyway, after 2 rayas in Bangi/Penang/Tg Karang, I'm back again in Sabah and the rotation will be Sabah / Penang / Tg Karang / Sabah ... and the cycle goes round until me and family move (if we do move).

Being in Sabah, I am lucky because since end 1998 (the first time I moved to Sabah), me and family have found a place to call kampung/home on the first day of Eid Mubarak. Each time we do not go home to Penang/Tg Karang, we will surely head to Tuaran (last time it was nearer - Tmn Nelly, Kelombong) after prayers. This year is no difference except that my friend (mak and bapak eldest child) is not around this year.

All in all, where ever you I spend my raya, it's okay with me cause I have my hubby and children. I got friends and neighbours to visit too and they visit me too. Sometimes I wonder why people quarrel on where to spend the first day of raya. To my memory, alhamdullillah, I have never been in that situation yet.

Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf zahir batin to whoever is reading this 'luahan hati'.

No comments: