The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a life out there???

As i progress through the years, i gain more experience - life, work, family and the world. And what i know is that it is a scary world out there. At times, i feel tired and just feel like staying at home and not go out ( comfort zone ). Being an educator, it makes me scared to see how modern kids are. Whenever any bad news happens like the genius girl who turns to prostitution in UK, it makes me want to keep my kids at home too. If only i am extremely rich and can pay for a home schooling teacher and a bodyguard for my kids :-(

Sad to say, I can't do all that. So i lead a normal life like most Malaysians do. My hubby and i work for a living and my kids go to school by bus everyday. My two youngest are at home with the Kakak. People say be with the kids more? Sent them to school myself? People say don't trust the maid but what can i do; need to 'cari makan' right?

Family vs Work??? Which to choose... i can't choose only one... I choose both. Why? I work for my family and my family gets the extra comfort/luxury I can give to them with my income :-)

May Allah bless me and my family and protect us from the "world out there".

9 comments:

domestic engineer said...

Family vs Work? I too would choose both. Being an educator, I feel that we have more flexible time with the family. But there are instances when we need to choose family...right?

Chahya said...

Doll,
wow..yr profile photo..mengancam..deadly pose with those eyes...hehe
Re the world out there...tawakkal je lah Doll...if ada bodyguard pun sama juga kena tawakkal...doa ibu mustajabkan? My dghtrs pun pergi sdiri juga ke sekolah kt blkg rmh tu.
Pls just refer me as Chahya (want to remain incognito), though u know who I am. Pls come & visit me at home if u have time.
However I must warn u earlier...I cant either afford Tupperware (pakai bekas disposable je I ni) or more insurance (dah ada)...hehehe
P.S yr profile info...I think u mean 'lecturer' instead of 'lecture'.
Come anyway ok!

me and i said...

Salam Doll..sorry to barge in macam ni aje..just discovered your site dah ready. Hari tu jengok..belum siap lagi.

Family and work...emmmmm..I want both ..a symbiotic partnership. Boleh kan.

I link yours to mine boleh ???

Mother of Two said...

ahlan wasahlan..

keep writing.. nanti we all balik raya buleh beli tupperware ngan akak. koleksi yg ader tggl kat banting..ntah dah kena makn ngan momok. anyway nak cari botol susu tuk my little angel...:)

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

Mak Oiii Doll, I almost didnt recognize you! So mengancam babe!

huraz said...

To all friends yang read my first writing - thanks.
Jangan tertipu dengan d profile photo. It's me but with the help of technology - kulit flawless...he!he!he!

Please link me to u all punya blog tau.

Dear Chahya, esok i singgah rumah ya?

huraz said...

Dear Mother of two,

Just email me before u balik M'sia and i will get the tupperware ready kalau mau.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum.

Congrats on having ur own blog. Bertambahlah blogger antara kita ya.

huraz said...

Waalaikumsalam,

Thanks... banyak lagi nak learn about blog ni... nak cantikkan but tak tahu how. Banyak trial and error. Visitlah selalu.