The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Friday, October 17, 2008

New Job

Salam, I have finally started work as a lecturer in UMS, Sabah. I registered on the 13th of Oct. That day, I woke up very early to catch the first flight to KK which was 6.50am. Everything went fine and a Tupperware friend picked me up at the airport. I will be using her car for the next 2 months or till my car arrives from KL.

I reported for work at the Registrar Office and then at the Pusat Penataraan Ilmu dan Bahasa (PPIB) - this is my department. The first day was like returning to work actually because i know most of them at PPIB since I had worked part time with PPIB since end 1998. Junaidah Januin is also here.

On the second day i got my own room. What a wonderful feeling to have my own work space and my name on the door. For now it is still empty since my books etc are still in KL.

At the moment i do not have any classes because it is coming to the end of the semester. I will only start teaching next year. However, i have been given the task to think of a translation and editing unit for PPIB. Anyone out there can help???

4 comments:

me and i said...

ha..ha..ha..it's time to put that thinking cap of yours and don't forget to blog about it.

Kirim salam kat Jun..

Imeirda said...

Salam and Hi Doll, eh rumah dah cat colour lain. So now u are already back in Sabah. Good to hear that and happy lecturing.

Salam to Jun...If possible blog sikit pasal dia. Lama tak dengar cerita.

huraz said...

Salam to naza and jeda,

I am still on honeymoon in KK. Rasa macam org bujang(hubby and kids in Bangi). Work pun tak banyak coz no classes.About Jun, i will try and blog abt her next wk ya.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Doll! on you being single mingle balik la ha ha ha. Enjoy your time and space fully. And of course enjoy your work before it enjoys a ride on you. It will get overwhelming soon once classes have started full swing.