The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Hari Raya 2008!!!

Salam all,

It has been awhile since i wrote anything in this blog... well, been busy with the Hari Raya celebration. To tell you the truth... not much of a celebration for me and hubby since we both were down with extremely bad fever and body ache.

It all started on Sunday (28th Sept), my hubby started feeling uncomfortable and Monday we both we flat out. I managed to start our journey back to Penang around 5pm with the kids and the hubby sitting miserably behind the driver seat. Stopped for break fast at Bukit Semanggul and finally reached home around 9pm. Next day was sleeping day for all. Then raya day came...

Managed to go any pray at USM mosque and then back home to rest. Left for Perlis around noon to visit my sister-in-law and then down to Jitra to visit my best friend. By the time i reached Jitra, i really felt terrible but luckily my hubby was much better.

The 2nd day was rest time in front of the tv because we were making our journey back to my hubby's kampung; Tanjung Karang. The routine for the 3rd and 4th raya was basically the same - little visiting and plenty of rest.

Around 3pm on the 4th day of Raya, i was back in Sungai Buluh... what a relief for the travelling has ended :-) Sunday my parents came to sent my only brother back to UKM.

Around 9pm on the 5th day of Raya, back in Bangi :(

We are still having the cough and flu and it has gone to my youngest too. Hope we recover soon since there is only 23 more days of Syawal and only 5 more days before i leave for Sabah to work.

p/s - despite the mummy and daddy being down, the kids managed to collect quite a good amount of duit raya. No family photo this year... insyaallah, during raya haji.

No comments: