The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My "Four Legged" Sweethearts

A much needed item but at times I wish I don't have one (2 to be exact). Why? The hustle of driving in the jam. The heartache of paying for it every month. The "beauty treatment" it needs almost everyday and the "medication" it needs every 3-4 months. But how can I live without it... My "relationship" with its kind started about 16 years ago.
The first one was a proton saga aeroback. It was not mine but in December 1993, my parents gave one of theirs to bring to UKM. Then, when working for about half a year (1997), I bought my first car - Proton Putera (PDS3003). The car followed me to Sabah and we were together until September 2001. It was taken away by one of my students whose mother happened to be my Tupperware friend. In replace of it, I got a Proton Waja (SA424Y), limited edition that comes with leather seats. This one did not last that long (almost all my cars after the Waja did not stay with me for long). Its place was taken over by a recon Toyota Rav4 in 2003. In 2004, I got a recon Toyota Harrier. In 2005, i drove a brand new Boon Siew Honda CRV (SAA69D). In 2006, my love was a second hand Toyota Wish (SAA8000G). The Wish followed me back to KL and was with me until 2008. The last (for now) is a recon Toyota Estima (WRM424).
Actually, now I not only have a Toyota Estima but also I have my number 6 back - Honda CRV. How? It's a long story... but I'll just say that the car loves me cause I sold it to a friend in 2006 without changing name (for the first time in history) and then my friend had problems paying and he sold it to a friend in 2007 (also still my name). When I first transfered back to KK, I used my friends Kelisa for about 3 weeks and then the person who bought my car called and said he too has problem paying for the car. So, I took it back since I didn't have a car at that time in KK. It's like the car was on "rental" for 2 years and then its back with me.

(hujan pun basuh)

This is Azhar who is obsessed with a squeeking clean car

Well, in total (including the loan proton saga) 8 cars in 16 years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Part hujan pun basuh yang caught my attention tu ha ha ha. Rajin sungguh. 8 cars in 16 years? That's a whole lotta cars Doll! I think I can count mine with only one hand, itu pun berlebih jari he he he.

Bila nak balik sini lagi?

huraz said...

I will be back in Penang on the 13-19. Then I will be in Sg Buluh 19 - 21. The 8 cars do not include Azhar's cars and motorcycle lagi. Will blog on his one of this days.

Anonymous said...

YOu mean the 8 cars were all yours? Gosh, I thought you meant the partnership of owning all the 8 cars. Memang murah tul rezeki keter you.

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

A record...I agree with Wiz...masa hujan basuh kete..it's like guna torchlight masa berjalan tengahari....lol. ape le punye comparison! kah kah kah