The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Relaxed and Fun Week

Salam, I had a great week last week. It all started on the 23rd of Jan. That was the last day before the semester break and it means that i don't have to deal with students and their registration problem for the next one week. Then on Saturday, was my first kueh of the year experience. On Sunday was a day of relax and I had the oppurtunity to go to my friends' house to see her kids 'Khatam Al-Quran'. Her girl is 17 years old and will be going to Melbourne to do her prep studies on the 8th of Feb. She's a bright students and has always been top student in her school, All Saints, Kota Kinabalu. I wish her luck. As for the boys. they are twins aged 11 years old. Identical twins and till now I cant differenciate between the two.

The next few days was filled with open house invitations by our chinese friends. It was also followed with a lot of lion dance shows. One in particular that i enjoyed was the on in Hyatt Hotel on the second day of chinese new year.

As for work, of course only the students' were off but I had to go to work since I did not apply for leave. But work was a breeze...no disturbance from students and I had the opportunity to start working on my test questions and looking into conferences to attend for the year.
Today is the first day of class again but things seem much more settle with the students registration and not many students have come to my room today.

3 comments:

me and i said...

ooohh..that's why you have been sekejap ada, sekejap tak dak ni...busy sambut CNY...

domestic engineer said...

At least sempat juga you enjoy the CNY break before continue with your busy schedule. Banyak dapat free oranges during CNY?

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

wah wah...kecik nye dunia....Kak Azah, remember? I terbaca comment dia dlm blog minah america yg menjadi idola I dalam My Romantic Home..tengok2 ada gak gang kat Malaysia!