The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Monday, September 22, 2008

Pulut Kuning

Salam, it has been a few days since i logged in. Last Saturday was an interesting day for me... it was my birthday. Since it is Fasting month, nothing much could be done. My hubby invited his family (mother, sister and 2 brothers and their family) to break fast at our Sungai Buluh house.

So the birthday girl had to cook. Decided to cook something simple - ayam masak merah, ayam kicap, sayur bayam air and ikan goreng. Didn't make any kueh but i cooked pulut kuning for the first time in my life. I think i called my mum in Penang almost 10 times to check on the steps. My hubby likes pulut kuning with kari telur. So cooked kari telur too.

My hubby bought a chocolate cake from Kings Bakery. My mother-in-law brought penget pisang.

After breaking fast, prayed Magrib and then the kids lighted the pelita and played a bit of bunga api. Then the adults prayed Isyak and Terawih at home.

Lastly, it was tidy up time....

7 comments:

me and i said...



me and i said...

La sorry doll, terlupa comment x tulih lagi..ahak...ahak...

Happy Belated Birthday..eh yg ke berapa yea ?????

Nanti2 la I boleh jenguk you di Sabah sana, boleh beli brooch banyak2.

Imeirda said...

Happy Belated Birthday Doll,

U sebut kari telur, yum, yum lama tak masak. Maybe for tomorrow's Iftar pulak.

Again, one year older, one year wiser.

huraz said...

Thanks jeda and naza,

Age jangan di tanya...baru 16 kot!!!

Anonymous said...

Eh you bukan sebaya dgn I ke Doll 26? Kira muda you 10 tahun la, anyway Happy happy Birthday Doll! Jeda, I semalam buat kari telur makan dgn roti jala. And that was the only thing we had for Iftar, apart from Kurma and my fruit cake. Azam tak nak makan nasi konon nak lose weight but he bantai about 16 pcs of roti Jala, pastu tepuk2 perut suh masuk dalam ha ha ha.

me and i said...

Doll, i nak balik Kedah esok dah..x sempat nak tunggu your pre raya entry...so kat sini I nak minta maap banyak2 dari hujung ke hujung...apa yang terkata,termakan, terguna, terambil dari 1990 hingga 2008 minta ampun and minta halal. Take care,safe driving, safe flying...jumpa minggu depan noh....

domestic engineer said...

Happy belated 16th (20 tahun yang lalu...he he) bday Doll. Hope not too late even though dah 3 weeks dah.

p/s - Happy belated World Teachers' Day.