The Sweet and the Bitter Chocolate in the Family

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Serving the Appetite!!!

Today is the 17th day of fasting. Alhamdulillah, everything has gone fine so far. For this year, my 2nd child has started fasting. So, now i have to cater to 4 different likings/wishes (my hubby, deena, dinie and myself) for breaking fast and also sahur.

There are days that all of us cannot decide on one menu. Some days okay. Like last Monday, my son wanted nasi tomato, my girl nasi minyak and the father yong tau fu. Ended up going to the Bazaar Ramadhan for the first time this year. These past few years we have cut down / avoided the Bazaar Ramadhan and try to eat as we usually do for dinner. Food tend to go to waste when we buy ready made ones.

I have cooked nasi lemak for Sahur once, and for berbuka nasi tomato, mee soup, mee hoon soup, and nasi ayam. The rest of the days were normal nasi berlauk. Last Wednesday was Pizza Hut home delivery. Yesterday i cooked spagetti and mushroom soup and for Sahur this morning was fish curry and prawn kicap.

Today ??? We still have 13 days to go and am running out of ideas. Anyone can help???

5 comments:

Imeirda said...

Salam

Doll,
Me too sometimes rasa dah letih cari idea what's next. Try these links; hope they are useful.

http://makan.cari.com.my/ OR
http://www.jphpk.gov.my/Malay/resepi%20bm%20ayam.htm

Bet u gonna love the recipes. Enjoy cooking.

Anonymous said...

Doll, I only cook one dish a day for my family. They are not fancy eaters, and they do not know how to eat more than one dish. They have been accustomed to that eating order knowing how hectic days are for me. Our meals are extremely simple, fuss free. It all started when I stopped working due to health problems, and had to ration our food for quite sometime. From then on, we eat whatever that we have in our kitchen cabinet which was not that much at that time. Through hardship the kids learnt not to ask much for food. Sian jugak but they learnt and adapted well.

Now we have a lil bit extra, but they are still not used to having extras. A bonus for this lazy mama, he he he.

me and i said...

mine is the same as WIZ's..fuss free.. If there are more than 3 dishes on the table, only 1 will be cleared, 1 will be kept aside for sahoor and another will not be touched at all...

Hubby seldom takes rice for sahoor, so it will be all the fried noodles, fried rice style of cooking.

Life is simple for me all along.

huraz said...

jeda, thanks for the websites.

wiz and naza, syok lah u. i punya dishes tak banyak but thet don't want the same thing again. Apa nak buat - nasib badan.

Wiz, i tak tahu u sakit...???

domestic engineer said...

Salam Doll, takpa banyak pahala menggembirakan anak2 and hubby with our own air tangan. We'll feel more motivated to cook when they really eat what we cook. Nasib baik my hubby n kids like something simple je. Easy job for me.